What is the Montessori Philosophy?
- Respect each child’s own individual development process.
- Develop an attitude of confidence, loyalty and guidance between the teacher and pupil.
- Encourage the pupil’s potential and individuality, in a spontaneous, natural way to make him or her the driving force of his or her education.
- Develop the personal abilities the child is most sensitive to at each stage in life.
- Provide a school and classroom environment appropriate for the different stages of the pupil’s development, with the proper teaching materials for each stage.
General Education Approach
Within the international teaching setting in English, we seek to:
- Promote each pupil’s constructive self-development potential.
- Prepare them for the challenge on an increasingly more complex and demanding society.
- Develop an awareness or worldwide cooperation to inspire peace and harmony.
This is why our educational task concentrates on the following dimensions:
- Ethical and moral
Following the principles of the Montessori philosophy, all classes of ous English School of Madrid include tasks which cover basic subjects:
- English Language
- Practical life (tasks related to every day life)
- Cultural Themes
- Environmental Studies
- Sensorial/motor studies