About The English Montessori School
The English Montessori School is a private co-educational British School in Spain, which caters to the educational needs of students of the Spanish and International communities in Madrid.
The school is recognised by both the Spanish Ministry of Education and Culture as a foreign British centre and by Great Britain as a British School in Spain.
Children from the age of three to eighteen years of age are admitted to a complete and highly successful educational experience.
Though the majority of students are Spanish, numerous nationalities are represented in the student population.
Traditionally TEMS students rank among the best of the students throughout the Spanish and International schools in Madrid, on external exams taken by those students. Accordingly, all graduates of the senior school go on to higher education.
At TEMS, we strive to:
- Nurture a caring community, where respect for one another and our environment is tangible.
- Foster a passion for learning by encouraging exploration and curiosity.
- Develop positive relationships both locally and globally based on empathy, collaboration and trust.
- Encourage independent thinkers who feel confident in making mistakes and learning from them.
- Build our children’s self-confidence through practical like skills with the aim of equipping them to face a rapidly changing future.